In this adventurous role, the Chief Marketing Officer will help us shape the course of a transformational journey as we intensify our focus on omnichannel marketing for our (FMCG) Fast Moving Consumer Goods brands in the trading card game and role playing game industry.
We are looking for a highly accomplished strategic thinker that lives and loves the cutting edge of growth marketing but also has the brand top of mind. The CMO will be responsible for scaling our current channels and platforms and generating new opportunities to grow the business. The CMO must be able to identify compelling and impactful strategies that drive sales initiatives forward. This is an extremely important hire for us as this person will lead our company-wide growth initiatives.
Your main strategic goals are to increase our B2C revenue through online channels in the Trading Card Game (TCG) and or roleplaying game industry in a way that supports our offline sales and the strong relationships we have with our distributors. Apart from impacting your own team, you will also get a strong voice in our management group of 5.
You will be responsible for:
- Further developing and implementing the company’s ambitious marketing strategy and own the marketing budget
- Strengthen and further develop our strong brands and brand identities
- Together with the rest of the management team set the direction for our digital transformation
- Drive traffic across all channels and platforms to secure revenue
- Develop marketing campaigns aimed at increasing loyalty, customer retention and the lifetime value of the customer
- Coordinate marketing efforts with the company’s financial and branding goals
- Responsible for defining, measuring, reviewing, and improving the marketing metrics
- Evolve and enhance our analytics and split-testing capabilities by using current tools and implementing new tools that will help identify critical information used to drive business decisions
- Work closely with especially our sales, digital and product development teams
- Lead and motivate the marketing team with a focus on continuously growing team skills and efficiency
- Ideally already know the industry, the world of TCG (Trading Card Games) or roleplaying – alternatively, you will have marketing leadership experience in toys, fashion, or another sector with frequent product launches within the FMCG sector
- Proven strategic omnichannel relationship builder with strong management experience in the Trading Card Game industry
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing or related field, preferred MA in marketing, business, communications, or a related field
- Have several years of experience with both omnichannel marketing and people management in a an international, high-growth, multi-brand organization
- Know how to manage and expand a strong brand
- Strategic mindset with an ability to build a long-term vision with short-term execution plans
- Experience in partnerships and alliance development
- Negotiation and closing of business through partners.
- Hold yourself accountable to quota/metrics
- Strong organizational skills
- Client-centric attitude, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to consult with executives to develop and implement an effective partnership strategy that maximizes the value delivered by our company’s products and services
- Well-developed team-building and coaching skills.
Compensation: $100,000 – $130,000
Full Benefits package available
Leaders in the Arena is proud to be a “fair (second) chance” company that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We prohibit discrimination in employment and harassment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, genetic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, and termination.